Directory >> USA >> Kentucky
List of collection agencies in Kentucky. ( Need one? Contact us)
- Credit Bureau Systems, Inc. : Paducah
- GLA Collection Company : Louisville
- Hillcrest Credit Agency : Bowling Green
- Central Kentucky Collections (CKC) : Elizabethtown
- Pennyrile Collection Inc : Hopkinsville
- Credit Solutions LLC : Lexington
- Adjustment Bureau (AB) : Louisville
- Commercial Services Group (CSG) : Louisville
- Credit Clearing House of America (CCHA Inc) : Louisville
- The Rawlings Group : La Grange
- Williams and Williams Inc : Louisville
Kentucky has not enacted a separate state law governing debt collection strategy, it follows the federal FDCPA laws. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) prohibits debt collection companies from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices to collect debts from debtors.
Wages can be garnished after a court order in Kentucky, employees can keep 75% of their paychecks. The statute of limitations of Kentucky is 5 years for most cases, which means a debtor cannot be sued in court after that point.
Collection agencies licensed in the state must ensure that customer data ( which includes sensitive personal data of debtors) should be transmitted securely. For medical debts, they must follow HIPAA security guidelines. Depending on your requirement you may require commercial or consumer collections. Credit reporting can be done if the creditor prefers. Collection agencies serving all 50 states are ideal because if your debtor crosses state border lines, they can still handle the account.